Monday, September 30, 2013

Saints Row 2 DLC


I’ve been concentrating on beating the first Final Fantasy lately, but after missing a whole week of it, I wanted to get another game review fast. I completed Saints Row 2 a few months ago, and it broke my top ten favorite games list, even though I’m not fond of Grand Theft Auto. So I decided to download and play the two DLC packs. And I must say... they weren’t worth the price. Especially after I got the real game with the first one for just $20, I technically spent more on this than the actual game.

The two packs are Corporate Warfare and Ultor Exposed. In total, they took me three hours. Both contain three missions, and are over way too quick.

Corporate Warfare was the one I really wanted to play, because it explains what happened to Dex, and considering he tries to kill you and Julius in the main game, I really wanted some closure. But we get none. After the second mission, he skips town, and you spend the third mission sniping this friends to lure him back, except when it’s over that’s it. No fourth mission, Dex just gets away. And I here he never comes back in the sequels, so... what’s the point?”

I should point out that half the second mission is the Heli Assault Activity, the most annoying activity in the main game.

Ultor Exposed you know from the start is pointless, because Ultor is the same company from the Red Faction series, which takes place in the future. You’re doomed to fail, making the whole thing another waste. And man, the boss battle with the helicopters was annoying. Still, I prefer this one more, because it’s more of the driving and shooting that makes the original game fun.

Bottom line: Good, but not worth the price.

Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment