Saturday, November 9, 2013

Sonic & Mega Man: October 2013

This month... I’m at a loss for things to talk about.


Sonic the Hedgehog #253


More exploring the new world. The Dark Egg Legion is now the Egg Army, with a new leader, Axel, who apparently has no robotic limbs. Rotor is back with no bad back, and is apparently stronger. Antoine and Bunnie are back to normal, plot lines abandoned, yadda yadda.


It's mostly a build up issue. Apparently reality is unraveling, and everything's being set up.


Sonic Universe # 57


I really wish I had already played Sonic Rush Adventure. Captain Whisker and Johnny Turbo show up, and Nega is mentioned, so... I'm in the dark. It's like the issues where a lot of characters I haven't seen yet show up: there's too much and I'm lost.


I like Bean and Bark working with the crew, even though I'm back to not being able to see them as villains. They're just too goofy, I guess. Marine continues to be a load.


But Captain Metal... wow. That last panel made him appeal to me.It looks very Ratchet & Clank to me, if that makes sense. But... why have him when there's already Captain Whisker?


Mega Man # 30


Okay, I'm not sure how I feel about how Mega Man wants to spare the Robot Masters. I really hate "thou shall not kill" when used poorly (like Digimon Adventure 02, where death literally had no meaning). Flash Man calls him a monster for doing so, so I'm hoping it leads somewhere.


Wily seems more careful here. I like it. He's thinking things through and not being rash.

Shadow Man... man, Flynn knows how to take nothing and turn it into something. His official bio said he was found, not made, and taking that and making a plot point out of it was genius. He's the only MM3 Robot Master loyal to Ra Moon on his own. What will come of that? I dunno. I await.

No comments:

Post a Comment